Friday, July 17, 2009

Clive vs. the Clouds, you'll pay for your whole seat, BUT YOU'LL ONLY USE THE EDGE!!!

So, the sky today started out looking pretty ominous, even though Jack claims that rain in England is never as bad as in Scotland. I put on my big yellow raincoat which Clive says makes me look like a human-sized canary and prepare for the worst. It wasn't very bad at first, just kind of drizzling, until Clive shakes his fist at the sky and yells "C'mon! Is that the best you've got?" Sure enough, a few minutes later it starts pouring buckets. We keep digging, though, through the mud, until the rain lets up and it actually gets pretty sunny out. I gratefully peel off my raincoat and enjoy the sun. Eventually my kneeler is no longer sopping and the ground is dry enough to see what I'm doing. I must have looked too happy to the clouds, because it's starts pouring again from seemingly nowhere.

The abandoned site.





Jan and Fran coping with the rain.

We pretty much kept our raincoats on for the rest of the day as the weather went through it's episodes. Fran was nice enough to drive us back to the B&B. We must've looked a sorry sight.

We had a surprise waiting for us when we got back. Betty needed our double bed for a real couple that was coming to stay, and had moved us downstairs into Keith's old room, which has two beds, a sitting area, it's own bathroom, and a kitchenette. This suits us just fine, and we clean up and head out for dinner. I had the goat cheese and onion tart again(there are only three vegetarian options on the menu, and I've been cycling through them) and we split a cheese board, which was very good. Alice is really taking a shine to goat cheese.

Tomorrow we're going to London to visit the British Museum and see the latest Harry Potter movie. 'Cause we're supernerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment